Up your burger game with our shredded smokey bbq brisket recipe.
- 1.5 kg beef brisket, trimmed of excess fat
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup BBQ seasoning
- 400ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- ¼ cup water
- Combine the BBQ sauce and seasoning together and rub all over the brisket.
- Place the steaming rack into the base of the cooking pot. Pour in the beef stock and rest the brisket on the metal rack.
- Secure the lid and ensure the steam release valve is in the seal (closed) position. Press MEAT/POULTRY, adjust time to 1 hour 25 minutes, press START/STOP.
- Once the brisket is cooked, remove from the cooking pot with the steaming rack and set to one side.
- Press BROWN/SAUTÉ then START/STOP and reduce remaining liquid by half. Combine the cornflour and water, add to the cooking pot and simmer for one minute. Press STOP.
- Using two forks, shred the brisket and add to the cooking pot. Fold into the sauce then serve on burger buns with slaw.